Friday, July 29, 2011

A few steps into the game already!

Good day all,

First post, but definitely not first day of work! I've been wanting to start this blog for quite some time now, but haven't come around to doing it so far for many reasons. Feeding the planet, as the title says, is my objective, and it is indeed an ambitious goal.

I've always enjoyed growing things. The thought of something delicious, tasty, pretty, and useful, being grown by me, puts me in a state of bliss that is hard to explain...Perhaps we are closer to caveman than we think we are (or at least I am...)

I'm also tired of big agri-business, growing monocultures that cause soil erosion, using massive amounts of pesticides and herbicides that leach into our soil (and water), along with GMOs and hormones. Some will say "ya, but organic and bio farming are filling in the gap"...Sorry to disappoint, they're not... Organic farmers cannot be constant in their supply, and their produce often contain the deadly e.coli and salmonella viruses... It's an intermediary step, but definitely not the end of the journey!

I've grown all kind of stuff before, and it was always just for fun, but now it's different. I want to grow food. I want to grow enough food to make it a business. I want to grow enough food to feed the planet.

Stay posted, the interesting stuff is coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment